This article refers to the NBC app and other brands’ apps within the NBCUniversal family, including Bravo, CNBC, E!, MSNBC, Oxygen, SyFy, Telemundo, Universal Kids, Universo, and USA.
If you are seeing video errors or having issues linking (or "authenticating") with your TV Provider on the NBC app or NBCU family of apps on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple TV devices, then we strongly recommend more-fully signing out of your provider within the device settings - not just within our apps - before correctly signing back in.
Most issues with Apple SSO and TV Providers can be resolved by following these steps closely.
From your Apple Device go to TV Provider in Settings,
- Apple TV: Settings > Account > TV provider.
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch): Settings > TV Provider.
Click or tap your current TV provider.
Click or tap Remove TV Provider or Sign Out.
- Don't just toggle off the apps, and
- Please do not sign back in to your provider at this time.
- Confirm that you are signed out of every one of these apps by going to the apps, if you have them (otherwise the apps will sign each other back in using SSO): NBC, Bravo, E!, SyFy, Oxygen, and USA.
- Now go to the App you want to use then: MORE > Link TV Provider.
- Dismiss any prompt ("Don't Allow").
Follow the steps to sign in with the primary address on the provider account (it works best when you do this from within the NBC App; try doing it in the app without signing back in in the device settings while troubleshooting, please.)
For Apple TV, to update devices and apps, in case that might help:
- Update your Apple TV in Settings > System (General for 3rd Gen) > Software Updates (select Update Software).
- Update your app on Apple TV by first selecting the app in the App Store.
If none of this works, you may be experiencing issues related to Home Based Authentication.
If you can’t find what you're looking for, we may still be able to help. Reach out to us at email@example.com. We’d be happy to help however we can.