If you notice that closed captioning or subtitles are not working or are out of sync with the video, please try the following steps in the order listed below. We recommend checking the video in between steps to see if the sync issue is resolved.
- Stop, exit and restart the video. This provides the video player a chance to retrieve the caption information again.
- Close and then reopen the NBC App. Then try playing your video again.
- Test a different video for comparison. If you don’t encounter a caption issue on all videos, contact us so we can look into the problem. If all videos appear to be affected, continue to the next step.
- Try troubleshooting as if you encountered other video playback errors.
How to turn off closed captioning
- For NBC.com: Use the video player controls to enable, disable or customize closed captioning on an individual video.
- For the NBC App: Access to closed captioning controls varies by device, but in many cases you can find them in the device-level settings area.