This article refers to the NBC app and other brands’ apps within the NBCUniversal family, including Bravo, CNBC, E!, MSNBC, Oxygen, SyFy, Telemundo, Universal Kids, Universo, and USA.
If you have an account with a participating Cable/Satellite/Digital TV provider, you can link it to the NBC and NBCU family of apps to unlock all episodes in the library and access a live stream of your local station.
To link your TV provider account to an app, you can visit the Settings page in the app or simply click on any locked content.
If you’re watching via a mobile device like an iPhone or Android phone, you’ll be prompted to select your TV provider from the list of supported providers. The app should then direct you to the mobile website of your chosen provider, where you’ll need to enter your login and password to sign in with your tv provider. When you do, you’ll be returned to the app. (Note that many TV providers require re-entry of your credentials in order to check that your account is up to date.)
If you're watching via a connected device, smart TV or certain other platforms, you'll in some cases be provided an alphanumeric code on your screen. You will then need to visit nbc.com/activate via a web browser to enter this code in order to connect your device. When you do, you'll proceed to the TV provider menu, where you can select your provider and enter your login and password.
If you encounter problems while trying to select a TV provider from the menu, we recommend trying the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Try loading the TV provider menu again in between steps and check if the issue is resolved.
- Clear cache/cookies from your web browser.
- This step should reduce the chance of data or storage-related issues.
- Disable any pop-up blockers or similar extensions in your browser.
- Switch your browser to private or incognito mode.
- You can usually change to private or incognito mode in your web browser’s file or window controls.
- Try a different web browser.
- For instance, if you've tried unsuccessfully with Chrome, try switching to Firefox. If you're trying in the browser on your connected TV device, try on your desktop computer instead.
- For Apple Single-Sign-On Support for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, please see this article to resolve issues
- For Users Unable to see the rest of the provider list on Android: make sure that you are not zoomed in at Phone Settings>Accessibility>Vision>Font and screen zoom while trying to sign in.